With a huge amount of interest in becoming a student paramedic with West Midlands Ambulance Service, Louise Harris, who heads up the Recruitment Team took to social media to hold an hour long #AskLouise session on Wednesday evening from 7.30pm – 8.30pm.
In total she answered just under 50 questions, during the 60 minute session, that came in from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Louise said: “We weren’t sure how it would go, but the hour flew by. There were some really good questions from people who are clearly really keen to join us as a student paramedic. SOme were simple factual questions while others were asking much more details questions about preparing for interviews – I was impressed by that because it shows how committed they are to joining us.
“I was also able to reveal that we’ll be opening applications up for the latest round of recruitment on Wednesday 14th November. If successful, these students will be starting their courses during 2017.”
- What is required to pass the fitness test?
- What qualifications do you need to apply?
- What five things do you look for in candidates?
- Where will students be working?
- What one thing do you wish applicants knew that they generally don’t already?
- Do I need to have applied for a C1 before I apply?
- How many points you could have on your driving licence?
- Do you need caring experience to apply?
- How long is the programme?
Check our social media feeds for the answers – search for @officialWMAS on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter